Sunday, July 2, 2017

Movies I Watched in June

Parker and Garfield, Pride of the Marines (1945)

This month I finished up the Clark Gable movies on the dvr from last month. I also re-watched the Bourne trilogy and FINALLY got to see Jason Bourne (2016), which I wanted to see in theaters but was unable to. (* means it's a re-watch)

Jeannette MacDonald in San Francisco (1936). Does her dress look familiar?
Click here to see what movie it was reused for!
  1. Rafter Romance (1933) - Ginger Rogers
  2. San Francisco (1936) - Clark Gable & Jeanette MacDonald (my first of her films), Spencer Tracy
  3. That Certain Woman (1937) - Bette Davis, Henry Fonda, Ian Hunter
  4. Gaslight (1940) - Anton Walbrook & Diana Wynyard
  5. Honky Tonk (1941) - Clark Gable & Lana Turner
  6. Buck Privates (1941) - Bud Abbott & Lou Costello, the Andrews Sisters
  7. Slightly Dangerous (1943) - Lana Turner & Robert Young, Walter Brennan, Dame May Whitty
  8. No Time for Love (1943) - Claudette Colbert & Fred MacMurray
  9. Phantom Lady (1944) - Ella Raines, Franchot Tone
  10. Pride of the Marines (1945) - John Garfield & Eleanor Parker, Dane Clark
  11. Undercurrent (1946) - Katharine Hepburn & Robert Taylor, Robert Mitchum
  12. Honeymoon (1947) - Franchot Tone, Shirley Temple
  13. Flamingo Road (1949) - Joan Crawford, Sydney Greenstreet, Zachary Scott
  14. Montana (1950) - Errol Flynn & Alexis Smith, S. Z. Sakall
  15. Never Let Me Go (1953) - Clark Gable & Gene Tierney
  16. Witness to Murder (1954) - Barbara Stanwyck, George Sanders, Gary Merrill
  17. Desk Set (1957) - Spencer Tracy & Katharine Hepburn, Gig Young, Joan Blondell
  18. The Reluctant Debutant (1958) - Rex Harrison & Kay Kendell, Sandra Dee, Angela Lansbury
  19. Ride the Wild Surf (1964) - Fabian, Tab Hunter, Peter Brown, Barbara Eden, Shelley Fabares, Susan Hart, James Mitchum
  20. Mister Buddwing (1965) - James Garner, Katharine Ross, Suzanne Pleshette, Jean Simmons, Angela Lansbury
  21. Batman: The Movie (1966) - Adam West, Burt Ward, Burgess Meredith, Caser Romero
  22. Cool Runnings (1993) - John Candy
  23. *The Bourne Identity (2002) - Matt Damon, Franka Portente
  24. *The Bourne Supremacy (2004) - Matt Damon, Franka Portente, (Karl Urban)
  25. *The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) - Matt Damon, Julia Stiles
  26. Trouble with the Curve (2012) - Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake 
  27. *Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban
  28. Jason Bourne (2016) - Matt Damon, Alicia Vikander, Julia Stiles
  29. *The Finest Hours (2016) - Chris Pine, Casey Affleck, Ben Foster (This is an incredible true story about the greatest Coast Guard small boat rescue that everyone should watch, set in 1952)
  30. My Favorite Wedding (2017) - Hallmark movie with Maggie Lawson from Psych
Least Favorite Movie of the Month: Mister Buddwing (1965). It started out promising, then went to depressing, weird, and finally what the...??? After I watched it I found out it was James Garner's least favorite of his films.

Favorite Movie of the Month: Phantom Lady (1944) because it led me to discover Ella Raines and Undercurrent (1946) which sounded interesting and turned out even better. Ride the Wild Surf (1964) was surprisingly good. I also finally got to see Pride of the Marines (after missing it on TCM the last time they aired it). John Garfield is amazing in it.

This shot in Phantom Lady (1944) ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. As always, your lists of how many movies you watched in a month leaves me depressed, envious... but very happy for you :-)

    What did you think of Jason Bourne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a chance to free up some space on the dvr this month and last month being Clark Gable I watched more than normal. This month my list of TCM movies to watch is shorter. Having already seen most of Hitchcock's post 40s films helps ;)

      It answered a lot of questions and still had all of the elements that I like in the original trilogy. And having Vikander in the cast was a plus :) My favorite is still the first one though.

      Delete
    2. The first is definitely my favorite as well. This fourth one I liked fairly well the first time I saw it, and then when I re-watched it on DVD, it just made me really sad. I can't decide if I liked it or not -- will probably have to watch it one last time to make up my mind.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I didn't watch as many that I hadn't seen before as you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually watch new-to-me films. Last year only about 15% were rewatches. There's just too many good films out there to discover!

      Delete